A coffee enema is an enema using a specially prepared coffee solution. This procedure is very effective for cleansing, healing, losing weight. For a healthy person, when used correctly, it is absolutely safe. However, a coffee enema also has a number of contraindications, which you will get acquainted with below.
How to do a coffee enema and is it effective?
It is a time when people are becoming more and more health-conscious. And, that is the reason ultra green coffee is becoming more popular than normal coffee. So, naturally whenever people go through the word “coffee enema”, they become curious and want to know about its benefits and side effects. Today, we are here to discuss this is detail.
What are coffee enemas for?
With the modern sedentary lifestyle, our intestines do not work very well. Improper, most often, excess nutrition also affects his work. The products we use every day contain preservatives, pesticides, antibiotics. A huge number of modern products have undergone special processing – they have become refined and contain a minimum amount of dietary fiber. Such food in combination with physical inactivity helps to slow down digestion, constipation, and the formation of fecal stones. The normal microflora dies, which further disrupts the digestion process. A pathological microflora develops, which leads to general intoxication, increased stress on the liver and kidneys.
Timely bowel cleansing with the help of coffee enemas can improve bowel function and cleanse the liver. However, without changing the lifestyle, nutrition, such procedures will only have a temporary effect.
Benefit and harm
Enemas are a well-known means of cleansing the body, which has been successfully used for decades. However, coffee enema solution is a relatively new invention. Such enemas were first used in Germany during the First World War.
What are the benefits of coffee enemas for our body?
- They cleanse the intestines from toxins and toxins.
- They have anesthetic and sedative effects.
- Help cleanse the liver.
- They have a choleretic effect.
- Promotes weight loss.
Contraindications to the use of coffee enemas
- Severe diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Malignant hypertension.
- Exacerbation of hemorrhoids.
- Internal bleeding.
In any case, it is recommended that you consult your doctor before using them.
The origin of the coffee enema
The revival of this ancient method of cleansing the body took place during the Second World War. German hospitals lacked pain relievers to relieve the suffering of the wounded. Doctors worked for days and, in order not to fall off their feet, and to be more or less vigorous, they constantly drank coffee. Nurses in hospitals began to use the drink to administer enemas to the wounded. After all, after the procedures, the sufferers felt better.
After the war, German scientists investigated this method and determined that coffee enemas helped cleanse the liver of bile. Thus, toxins are eliminated from the body.
But such enemas became famous thanks to Max Gerson’s therapy. He fought for the lives of seriously ill patients. These were mainly people suffering from oncology. The doctor was faced with the fact that his treatment was not properly absorbed. After all, the patient’s body was poisoned with tumor decay products. It was necessary to clean it up. Coffee enemas, according to Gerson, effectively rid patients of toxins. Thanks to this, the body began to absorb the prescribed therapy.
Mechanism of action
The beneficial effects of coffee enemas are due to their chemical composition:
- Under the influence of caffeine contained in the solution, the ducts of the gallbladder expand, which provides a choleretic effect.
- The theobromine and theophylline contained in the solution promote vasodilation, which improves blood circulation in tissues, accelerates metabolism, and promotes weight loss. Also, these substances reduce inflammation.
- Coffee has a strong diuretic effect, which helps with hypertension.
- It should be remembered that a cup of coffee cannot notice an enema, as the mechanism of action of coffee when ingested through the mouth is completely different.
For an enema, you need to use only natural ground coffee. Instant coffee is not suitable for such a procedure, since it does not contain the necessary components. The water for the enema should be the purest. You can use bottled and filtered water.
Bring one liter of water to a boil and add three tablespoons of freshly ground or ground coffee from a vacuum package to it. Boil over low heat for 5 minutes, then cover with a lid and simmer for another 15 minutes. Cool and filter the resulting mixture.
Algorithm for staging at home
- An enema is best done in the morning. Instead of breakfast, you can eat fruit or oatmeal.
- The temperature of the solution should be no more than 37 degrees and not less than 34. This is the most comfortable temperature, which does not allow the intestines to spasm and does not injure it.
- The finished solution is poured into Esmarch’s mug, suspended so that it is at least 50 cm taller than you. Lubricate the tip with vegetable oil or petroleum jelly and inject to the full depth of the tip. You can use a tube without a tip. In this case, the depth of injection can be up to 10-15 cm. The solution should be injected slowly, preferably in the position on the right side or in the knee-elbow position. After the introduction of the entire volume of liquid, the enema is removed. You must lie on your right side and hold the solution for at least 15 minutes / up to 40 minutes /. Then you need to visit the toilet.